Looking for a Career in Accounting?
If you're an ambitious accountant looking for a career in public accounting we invite you to contact us today.
We are not your typical accounting firm who simply produce income tax returns and financial statements for our clients. Here at the BHT Partners we strive to be the best in our field and look for accounting staff who want to do more than just prepare tax returns and complete GST compliance work.
Business owners want more than just compliance, they want to grow their revenue, their profits and their business value. Accordingly, we look to recruit team members that want to do more than just 'keep the score' for our clients.
Why could BHT Partners be the right accounting firm for you? In a nutshell, we look after and respect our team members and offer you more than just a job, we offer you a career. Our white glove treatment extends beyond clients to our team members and we are very conscious of our employees work life balance. We invest heavily in both technical training and technology and look for team members who have an eye for detail, a thirst for learning and a pro-active approach. We also seek team members who fit our core values of expertise, passion and integrity.
The truth is, we will only continue to grow if we engage committed team players who are dedicated to helping clients achieve their financial goals. We offer individuals with a passion for accounting, tax and business development a real career opportunity. Partner Jim Tyrrell says, "Your career can start at any level and while we are committed to graduate recruitment, we also recruit at more senior levels to improve our breadth of knowledge and experience."
Our Commitment to You
We promise team members at our firm that:
- Your voice will be heard
- Your hard work and contributions will be valued
- Your work/life issues will be respected
- You will have direct partner contact
- You will experience a variety of assignments
- You will have an opportunity for advancement and long term employment
- You will participate in quality continuing professional development and education
- You will have the opportunity to achieve your professional and personal goals
- You will enjoy flexible work arrangements
Why Join Our Team?
BHT Partners offer team members a generous and flexible compensation package together with a wide variety of additional benefits. We are committed to the well-being of our staff and offer a healthy work-life balance through:
- Flexible work hours - We understand you have families and a life outside of work. Being able to enjoy your lifestyle enhances your career.
- Continuing professional education including seminars, in-house sessions and conferences
- On the job training with exposure to a broad range of industries and assignments
- Regular Team Meetings
- 'Soft Skills' training, including meeting and public speaking techniques, marketing and business improvement skills, writing and communication skills plus Microsoft Office software training
Continuing Professional Growth
- Our culture and environment offer a wide range of professional experiences. You will develop taxation and advisory experience within a wide range of industries. You will be able to work on projects with various clients and partners giving you the opportunity early in your career to develop relationships with clients. This broader experience translates into faster professional development
- We provide a continuous learning environment as well as extensive on the job training. You can receive up to 50 hours annual professional training
- Our team based environment provides all members with the opportunity to participate in the direction and future of the firm (and thus their own career path). Our open door policy provides access to partners and encourages everyone's thoughts and ideas. We encourage excellence and new ideas in all team members, regardless of how long they have been with the firm.
What You Need to Bring to the Firm
Our ability to bring value to our clients ultimately rests on our people. Here are the qualities we look for:
- Intelligence and common sense
- Leadership abilities
- Motivation to succeed
- A service focus
- Team spirit
- Pro-active approach
- Technical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal